NBS Complaints Procedure

Your satisfaction is important to us.

NBS aims to provide you with the highest quality of service at all times.  If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of our service, please let us know as soon as you can so that we can sort it out quickly. We'll let you know what we're doing about your complaint within five business days of receiving it.

We have an Internal Complaints Procedure to resolve any issues.

What should you do if something goes wrong?

You should first contact your Personal Banker or Local Branch Manager.  If you are still not satisfied with the outcome you can contact the Secretary of NBS at:

Nelson Building Society - 111 Trafalgar Street, Nelson 7010, PO Box 62, Nelson 7040.

Ph:  03 548 2164 

Free Phone:  0800 101 700

If NBS cannot find a way to resolve the issue, you can also contact the Banking Ombudsman, who may be able to help. The Banking Ombudsman provides free independent help to resolve disagreements between financial institutions and their customers. Banking Ombudsman brochures are available at any NBS branch. 

You can contact the Banking Ombudsman at:

Freepost 218002, PO Box 25327 Featherston Street, Wellington 6146.

Ph: 0800 805 950

Email:  help@bankomb.org.nz


You can also report information about NBS or any of our advisers to the Financial Markets Authority.

NBS is licensed and regulated by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) for the financial adviser services we provide.  You can check our status as a QFE at any time at www.business.govt.nz/fsp

How is NBS Regulated by the Government?

You can also obtain information about our financial advisers, or report information about us or our advisers, to the Financial Markets Authority at:

PO Box 1179, Wellington 6140

Ph:  (04) 472 9830

Fax:  (04) 472 8076

Email:  compliance@fma.govt.nz