Posted on 05 October 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
The mighty Tasman Mako are laying down the challenge to raise $10,000 of a larger fundraising goal that will keep Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter in the air and saving lives.
Mako players have launched the NBS 10 for 10 Challenge, where NBS will donate $10 for every video published to social media of someone doing 10 push ups.
NBS CEO Tony Cadigan says they are aiming for 1,000 entries and have local leaders and personalities on board to get things started.
“There is huge support for the Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter Trust and what they do, so we have come up with this fun challenge where people can give back. We would love to see lots of videos being posted, with big smiles on people’s faces as they do their push-ups,” Tony says.
The NBS 10 for 10 Challenge follows the official launch of the 2022 NBS Rescue Helicopter Appeal at the Tasman Mako rugby match at Trafalgar Park on 24 September, when the helicopter crew made a special trip to deliver the game ball.
Almost $3,000 was donated by match-goers on the 24th, with Whakatū Girls Rugby Trust members collecting at the gates and donations made by NBS corporate tent members. This was matched dollar-for-dollar by NBS, in addition to the $10,000 they are raising through the NBS 10 for 10 Challenge.
Joining the Mako in laying down the push-up challenge are:
- former All Black Wyatt Crockett
- the Nelson MediaWorks Radio team, including presenters Max Goodman and Blair Kiddey
- Nelson surgeon and winner of NBS Dancing for a Cause 2018 Ros Pochin
- Some of your favourite Giants basketball players
- Ethan Blackadder
- Doug Paulin and some of your local Sealord crew
- and many more.
Mako player Monu Moli says that the challenge is meant to be fun and achievable.
“We know you can do it and encourage some creativity here. Whether you are giving us 10 of your gym-honed best, 10 on your – it counts.
“Every entry matters when NBS are giving $10 per video, so we say karawhiua – give it heaps!”
How to get involved in the 10 for 10 Challenge
- Do 10 push ups: Post a video of you (with others if you like) doing 10 push ups on your chosen social media account.
- Tag #NBS10for10 when you post the video
- Tag some mates into your post and encourage them to do their own push up challenge video